Thursday, July 17, 2008

Nearing the end...

Tonight marks the last night of Tech Week for me for Noises Off. SFX are done, tonight the production photos will be taken and then I turn my focus onto Woman in Black for August. As I mentioned before, this show is a hoot. It has actually gotten funnier as the week progressed, which few plays do that for me during tech week. So if you're in the are GO SEE IT. ... blackfriars

Nearing the end of Tech Week however means I am nearing the opening of Dark Knight. I have tried to stay away from as many reviews as possible so that I can come back with a full picture for myself, undiluted from others. Planning on seeing it at IMAX on Saturday. Can't wait.

So got home last night, and got caught up on So You Think You Can Dance. Honestly after the first year, I really didn't know how far this show could go (by the way if you were unfamiliar with this show, a swing kid one the first year, so I was happy). But the great part about this show is each year has brought better talent than the year before, unlike other shows. The had reached the final 10 and honestly it is anyones game. Unfortunately one of the girls I had pegged for the top three, can't dance (Jessica) because of two broken ribs, so she is out of competition. If you want an entertaining night, tape it and watch it on a date night. I have a HD projection system and 103" screen so it feels like I am at the movies when ever I watch this. But you won't be disappointed, as each week just gets better and better.

After catching up with that I decided (at 11pm) to take a look at a new series that started up on A&E, The Cleaner, once again I had taped it as it aired the pilot on Tuesday (All-Star Night). This show rocked. Benjamin Bratt is phenomenal, best thing I have ever seen him in, and his co-stars are a hoot. You want a summary, go watch the show or read the website. I was intrigued by the whole "he talks to God thing" simply because I wanted to see how they would pull of a touchy subject. But you know what, he talks to him no differently than most would talk to him. The character development and his vices and flaws are polished, and believable. I found myself several times last night drawn into his emotional palette, choking back tears near the end, for what had just happened. I commend the producers and advertisers of this show (it will probably last only this episode) for working out a deal for no commercials. I love that. It helps keep the story alive and fresh. This is the precise reason I tape things is to get through the commercials to keep the writers storyline linear and not broken by a third party. Several shows have done this, but I really appreciated with this, because it let you stay and get pulled in. The show has some harsh dark looks, but when you know about the main character and his past, they come off as not too dark, but just a slice of reality.

Blogged with the Flock Browser

0 comments:

Contributors

About This Blog

This blog simply exists to share my thoughts, both personal and business, and keep those interested in it, in some sort of touch with me. I will discuss anything and everything.

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Followers

      © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

    Back to TOP