Sunday, July 20, 2008

The Dark Knight has arrived

Actually, its come and gone, but I figured now was a good time to get this post up.

Dark Knight grosses over $155 Million dollars to set a new opening weekend record. Fridays take alone...over $60 million.

And yes I added fuel to the monsters belly. Actually, my wife and I both did. After cursing myself and realizing I was stupid and did not preorder tickets for the IMAX, and finding out it was all sold out and I could not see it in that format till after my Tennessee trip, I became quite upset.

So I did the only sane rational thing I could think of. I purchased two tickets for the 8:30 Friday showing at Cinemark. Of course Ii had to drag and convince my wife that this was the only sane and rational thing, as she does not understand my complex boyish tendencies with movies, especially involving high octane action and comic book characters. So after grabbing a bite to eat we finally got over to the theatre, an hour early.

My wife, still did not understand why we were here,...especially an hour early.

Approximately 3 hours + later she had her answer and a grin on her face.

She enjoyed it. To say my wife actually liked a movie that I did was a miracle in itself. But I can't stop there. I think she loved it.

As for me. Wow. One of the best films I have seen in a long long time. Everything about this movie was perfect for me. Even to the point that after the 2:32 credits rolling mark, I was left wanting more. That says a lot. Was the movie perfect,...no. But as I said it was perfect for me. My official score gives it a 99.5/100. Why the half point? A hesitation to say that I liked it better that Gladiator of Citizen Kane. For me those movies refined certain areas of film making that were just pure genius. So it now sits along side the top.

As for the story, this is what Batman was to me growing up. He walks that line of Black and White so tight that you can't help but getting sucked in. Heath Ledger as Joker...Holy ----- Batman! Evil, just pure evil. One of those guys who just likes to sit and "watch the whole world burn to the ground". His performance was truly astonishing. This was not HL embodying the body of the character, but rather the character of the Joker taking on the body of HL. As it stands today, HL gets the Best Actor/Supporting Actor (which ever they would decide to put him in), as I have not seen any performance this year (or even a hint from something upcoming) that could rival this.

Yes it is sad that the film industry lost this kid, but trust me this is no sympathy vote --- I still Orson Welles as the most  greatest talented naturally gifted genius to step in front of or behind a camera --- he deserves a standing ovation for this performance.

One last thing to wrap this disjointed review.

I love the score, is it a masterpiece,...no, but as I watched the film I kept getting tugged on by the score, I felt like i was watching a top notch orchestrated ballet, simply amazing,...and of course it was by my favorite (did not even catch this going in) Hans Zimmer (50% of my reason I love Gladiator)

Go see this movie.

Blogged with the Flock Browser

0 comments:

Contributors

About This Blog

This blog simply exists to share my thoughts, both personal and business, and keep those interested in it, in some sort of touch with me. I will discuss anything and everything.

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Followers

      © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

    Back to TOP