Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Another All-Star Game in the books, another NL loss

Despite having a Tech Week during the All-Star week (for the first time) I managed to get a little bit of the festivities in with a little help from excited updates from my dear wife.

Mondays HR Derby provided some major fireworks with Josh Hamilton of Texas punching some moon shots and setting a record for HR in a round. But unfortunately by the time I arrived I saw the reality of why the HR Derby is broken and needs to be fixed. Its just too long and the poor guy got tired.

---what could fix the HR derby, well ESPN had a good article the other day on this and I agree that it should go first round then into the finals. Where I disagree is that it should take the top four, they each have 3 outs, then the top two continue taking swings for another 3 outs each, then back and forth till 9 outs are achieved (you get an out the other guy goes) till someone wins---

As for last nights game, I missed the part I really wanted to see. The HOF's. We go to Cooperstown a couple of times per year and I bask in everythign I can while I am there and it just would have been awesome to see these guys get cheered by thousands. My wife called me as soon as she saw Hammerin Hank.

Got home to see the 6th inning and the NL take a 2-0 lead, I was happy because A) heck they might actually win it this year, B) they all looked like they were taking the game seriously!

Shift to this morning to see Cory Hart throw a foot to the right instead of two the left, and Mc doing all he could to make up the difference in the throw.

I love baseball. So unpredictable.



Blogged with the Flock Browser

0 comments:

Contributors

About This Blog

This blog simply exists to share my thoughts, both personal and business, and keep those interested in it, in some sort of touch with me. I will discuss anything and everything.

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Followers

      © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

    Back to TOP